Let me tell you bout' my best friend

I'm no stranger to the insomnia world. Two years ago I was awake for 52 hours straight and hysterical. I was calling my mom at weird hours because the time difference until finally my landlord came down to my apartment and saved me with some ativan.

Luckily, it hasn't been that bad since, but if I do spend one night without sleep, I immediately go back into the feelings of anxiety and fear that I won't ever sleep again. This in turns makes going to bed a really daunting task. Being constantly afraid of a place that gives so much comfort is not my ideal situation.

This past sunday I was getting ready to hop in bed and pass OUT because I had been out every night since thursday and homegirl just cannot do that anymore. I felt like crap all weekend. Anyway, I laid down in bed, and closed my eyes. I didn't stop tossing and turning the ENTIRE night. 1am went by, then 3am then my alarm was going off.  So last night I did everything besides take my prescription sleeping pills to try and will myself to sleep.

I bought chamomile tea and Midnite sleep aid because I had heard so many good things about it. I popped one in and an hour and a half later, still awake. It was 1:30 at this point and I was in tears over being awake. That's when I realized I had exactly what I needed downstairs in the my cupboards.

I wasn't sick but I knew this was going to give me exactly what I wanted. My  very best friend who helps me out in times like this.




I know it's really not the best method to sleep but girl I needed the sleep as much as I need to stop eating Mcdonalds. Which I can guarantee you is really badly.

Anyway, 2 tablespoons later and I was off to dreamland. Sleep is definitely not overrated.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend!


 photo sig_zpsc81e14e0.png

No comments