Travel Thursday

Hello there kids. I wanted to post but I want kind of at a loss for what to write about. When I took a look at Kayla's post, I thought this would be absolutely perfect.

I have always loved travelling and I am definitely fortunate to have been able to do so with my family when I was younger. Going to France last year has only increased my wanderlust and I know that I will eventually get to all the places I want to see.

I also feel that travelling can put your life into perspective. Too often we fall victim to our surroundings without questioning them at all. There are so many places to visit, culture to explore and foods to eat to keep yourself grounded in one spot. Through travelling I've definitely found the more adventurous and the more relaxed versions of myself (re: staying in crappy hostels really makes a person I think). I wish everyone had the financial ability and time to explore this amazing world!

So here is where I've been:

Europe:

Barcelona - Spain
Rome, Cinque Terre, Venice, Pisa - Italy
Prague - Czech Republic
Athens - Greece
London - England
Amsterdam - The Netherlands
Lyon, Paris, Quimper, Vannes - France


Lovelocked on Pont des Arts!

North America:

Orlando, Fort Lauderdale - Florida
Chicago - Illinois
Portland, Auburn, Bangor - Maine
Atlantic City - New Jersey
Toronto, Ottawa - Ontario
Quebec City, Montreal, Trois-Rivières - Quebec
Halifax, Truro - Nova Scotia
Charlottetown - PEI

Also been to Cuba!

And I've been to places in Newfoundland, obviously haha.

It's funny once you put it to writing, I realize exactly how lucky I've been and I definitely appreciate all the opportunities I've had! I also drove to Florida when I was 8 with my parents from Newfoundland so I guess I've visited a lot of states but don't remember them!


Now, onto places I want to go:

I am guilty of being one of those people who wants to venture outside of North America and over to Europe even though there are so many places on this side of the world that I want to see.

New Orleans:
I want and need to visit this city for Mardi Gras. Every picture I've ever seen makes it seems like such an amazing time! I would also want to explore it! Mardi Gras would just been an excuse to go there I guess.

Washington DC:
I mean I know so little about American Politics, but think it would be amazing to see the home of one of the biggest and most powerful countries! And maybe run into Barack.

Germany:
All of it. Oktoberfest, the Berlin Wall, just every part of it. It has been on my list for so long and the one regret I have in life is never getting there when I was doing my exchange. There are places I would have traded it for.

Vancouver:
Even though I live in Canada, I've never been past Ontario. I want to see the west coast and see what all the hype is about!

Las Vegas:
Because, is there any reason to not go to Vegas?

What's on your travel bucket list?? I'd love to know!

Linkup!



Kristie's Blue Jeans






8 comments

  1. An awesome post and a great list!! I am jealous that you have been to a lot of Europe already! I am itching to go to Italy,Ireland,England,Spain,Germany,Poland,the Netherlands!

    I am literally going to DC next week for a Spring Break trip,my first time there and I am pumped!

    I will have to link up,too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So jealous!!! please take tons of pictures. I'll have to live vicariously through you! And europe is always a good idea by the way ;)

      Delete
  2. New Orleans and Vancouver are two places on my list as well. There is nothing like realizing how fortunate you are to explore and travel the world. Hope you join us next month too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely! travel posts are some of my favourites to read :)

      Delete
  3. Vancouver is beautiful! You should also stop in Banff/Canmore (outside Calgary) and see the Mountains. As an east coaster I was in absolute awe of their beauty! Vancouver combines the best of both ocean and mountain views!

    Vegas is a lot of fun! If you make it there make sure to take a detour to the Grand Canyon, it's truly breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I don't actually have to ski or snowboard, I will definitely check out Banff haha.

      Speaking of the Grand Canyon, on my flight back from Florida there was a man who had just been to Vegas and the GC, and he just had to share his 400 pictures of it with his flight seat buddy (me). Looks amazing though!

      Delete
  4. I'm so jealous of how many European places you've traveled to - especially Greece! When I make it back to Europe Greece is at the top of my list

    You definitely need to make it out West! The furthest west I've been is to Kelowna so I still need to make it to Vancouver/Victoria. And Jasper is soooo beautiful - definitely put that on your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Athens was BEAUTIFUL. So historic and there is 2 dollar falafel everywhere. We were supposed to go to mykonos but kinda missed the flight.. whoops. Santorini is where I really want to go!

      Delete