Happy birthday Canada!



Canada Day has been one of my favourite days for as long as I can remember. When I was little, it meant spending the day with my family then going to see the fireworks with my friend that night.

Nowadays, I see it was one of the few holidays I get during the summer and make the most of it. Well, I make the most of the night before because you know, having the day off and everything means you have to go out and have a few (or many) mugs of Rickards White (especially when they are the same price as a pint. I mean how can you not really. That would be sacrilegious).

What makes me the happiest about Canada Day is seeing everyone I know so proud to be sporting their red and white. I mean we have so much to be proud of, this great country we come from. Healthcare, education, music, arts etc. Everyone is generally in a great mood and wants to celebrate with you even if they have never laid eyes on you before.

I imagine this kind of thing happens in other countries as well on their national holidays, it’s really a cool thing.
My Canada day was spent dressed in red and white and going to the parliament building in my city to see some live music and eat delicious food (you can’t go wrong with hot dogs and diet pepsi am I right?). Then I hung out with my family for my aunt’s birthday and ended the day with some fireworks!






I hope you all enjoyed your Tuesday! Whether you celebrated Canada or not! 


 photo sig_zpsc81e14e0.png

No comments