Hump Day survival

I don't know about you, but I definitely have a love-hate relationship with Wednesdays. On one hand, it's the middle of the week and the weekend is approaching, but it's also not close enough to Friday to be excited about.

I also feel a mid-week slump both during the day and night on Wednesdays. Thus I have decided to take Wednesdays back and make them a fun day instead of a drag.



1. Have an activity planned for the day/night.

This makes such a difference! Whether it's a date night with your significant other, coffee date with a couple of friends, or a movie night with the girls, it gives you something to look forward to all day long. I generally meet up with 4 of my closest friends on Wednesday nights just to catch up on the past few days and have a hilarious time. Instead of the work day dragging on, I know I have a great night ahead of me!

2. Catch up on your favourite TV shows or watch a specific show

I like to record shows from the weekend or past week that I didn't get a chance to watch at the time. I currently have 3 episodes of Keeping up with the Kardashians and two episodes of The Royals recorded waiting for me. Is there anything more relaxing than sitting back and binge watching TV? Probably not. This could also work for Netflix. Pick a show you haven't watched before, get a glass of wine and comfy clothes and voila, a Wednesday night that dreams are made of. (This has been me with Grey's Anatomy for that past week..)

Maybe there is a show you love to watch on Wednesday nights. Why not invite some people over, get some food and watch it together! I love talking to people while watching shows, especially if they are as emotionally involved as I am.

3. Make a playlist

Since you actually have to make it through the day in order to get to your night plans, a little music goes a long way. I find that having a fun playlist to listen to while I'm at work makes me a little less stressed and makes the day more positive and go by quicker. You can check out the playlist I made here or head over to Spotify or Songza and find one that suits your style.

4. Make it a special meal night

Who doesn't love to eat? And who doesn't love knowing what you're going to have before you get home! This usually goes one of two ways for me, either I've already found a recipe online and will get the ingredients on the way home and make it, OR I have already made reservations at a restaurant. This might be because I love food so much, but I think knowing you are going to eat somewhere delicious or make something delicious is reason enough for me to smile throughout the day.

5. If all else fails, remember this:

It's Wednesday, which means there are only two more sleeps until Friday. You can do it!




Is there anything you do to make your Wednesdays a little less Wednesday-y? Let me know!


4 comments

  1. I always listen to a good playlist if I need a pick me up or need to get a little hyper... :) Love your tips!!
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! waking up in the morning or getting to go out. puts you in a great mood for sure!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the idea of having something to look forward to on Wednesday nights. I might have to move my weekly girls night to Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to have ours on fridays (we still do get together friday nights usually), but changed it. It breaks up the week nicely!

      Delete