Thoughts on a Wednesday night

I'm currently sitting here in my onesie eating a bag of single serve popcorn and drinking a Michelob and thought to myself "hey if you really wanna get back on the blogging bandwagon you should post something." I still generally feel like I don't have anything that interesting to say, but I assume (hope) that most people who blog feel the same way.

Since moving here I have told myself that I need to get involved with activities so I don't just teach and then come home and veg out all night. It is so tempting because I am generally exhausted from the day. But I know that forcing myself out is actually good for me and I really do enjoy it once I'm out.

I even signed up for curling. Which is probably the least athletic sport (if you're not doing it competitively) because you can drink while doing it, but it's SO fun. I may not be the best or be "hurrying hard" but I am having a damn good time.

I also do an adult stretch/contemporary dance class. I did dance classes when I lived in St. John's and really loved them so I figured it would be good to do at least one here! I'm all about meeting new people and this is a great way to do that. I also get in some of that pesky exercise I dread so much. Maybe not A LOT, but doesn't every little bit count? Isn't that what they tell us?

Probably my most favourite activity is trivia. I have been obsessed with trivia nights for the past few years and when all my trivia friends moved away I was forced to find new recruits (I did :)). Since moving here, I've roped quite a few people into playing. We never do well, but it's just a fun group thing to do on a wednesday night.

What do you do to keep yourself sane? It's definitely important to have something other than work in your life so I wanna know what you do! I'm always open to suggestions, you never know when you'll find something you're passionate about!



1 comment

  1. I actually ended up coaching youth cheer because I wanted there to be something after work that wasn't completely life consuming. I also bowled on a league for awhile. I think it doesn't matter what it is as long as it gets a person out of the house!

    ReplyDelete