Thursday musings

I honestly feel like March is never going to end. I can't remember if I've already said that, but like, next week is STILL March. Maybe it's because I know I have a break coming up and I will be off work for 10 days, maybe it's because of this alcohol thing. Who knows, but dammit I need April to come.

Here are my thoughts for today:

- As stressful as being a teacher can be, sometimes little things make it better. I had given a girl in my class some homework, she was staying after school for piano lessons so she finished it before she left. Anyway I came back to my desk to this:

She just left me a note on her homework saying to have a good supper. It's just a little thing but it was so sweet coming back to that after a stressful day!

- I've started new units in Science with my class and will be starting new Math units next week. It's making me feel like I've progressed but also not because I still have a lot to cover with them and only a few months left to do it. I'm sure all new teachers, probably even teachers who've been at it for a while, feel this way. It's a lot to handle!

- This no alcohol thing is going pretty well. I haven't bought any, I've been in social situations this week and haven't really desired any. That being said I'm assuming that the weekend will be a bit more difficult but I can stick to it. We have a trivia thing coming up though before my non-alcohol days end and it's super tempting. But I don't want to give in and then feel terrible about myself afterwards. Or feel like I'm basically incapable of not drinking. Even though it'll have been about 2 weeks at that point, but I don't feel like that's enough. Why do I have no willpower!!

- I've been watching Parks and Rec with Spencer these past couple of weeks and I'm obsessed. I can't get enough of that Lesley Knope.

Relatable.

I've also been obsessed with the Real World Seattle. It's season 32! It deserves an award for longest running shit show if you ask me. When I really don't want to think, this is the time of stuff I go for haha.

- Blogging: How people come up with what to blog every day? I struggle with topics a lot, how do you know what people even wanna read! Oh magical mysterious blog land. 

How's your week been? Are you ready for Friday?? I know I sure am! 

1 comment

  1. I'm actually finding it hard to believe that we're almost through March! Ha ha. Kudos to you on the no alcohol thing for the month...sounds like you have a lot more will power than you thought. :) I've also been watching Parks and Rec for the first time and it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete