In New York

Since I went to New York in August of last year, I figured it was finally time to share some of my trip!

It was the first family trip we've been on in like, 10 years with all 5 of us together. I get along with my sisters for the most part but you're obviously going to butt heads once in a while. Overall, I had an amazing time and I am so grateful to my parents for making the trip happen. I don't know when or if we'll all be able to go on another family trip so it was a good one to bring us all back together!

My favourite parts were:
- The Rockefeller Centre
- Seeing Broadway musicals
- The food
- The shopping (obviously)
- The cheap american booze! Everything is so much more expensive in Canada.
- Seeing the New York Yankees playing the Blue Jays and supporting the Yankees just to annoy Spencer

I don't think anyone would ever have a hard time finding something they like in New York. I wish I had been there longer to truly see everything, but I'm glad I did most of the touristy stuff so when I go back next time there will be more things to try!














(thanks mom for the blurry photo)


I would go back in a heartbeat. Especially to see Hamilton. Have you ever been to New York? What would you recommend checking out? 

Hope this week is good to you all!

- Janet



3 comments

  1. This makes me miss NYC so much! Isn't August in NYC pretty much hell on earth though?! - it was SO hot when I was there at the beginning of August. Next time I go I think I'll aim for sometime in the Spring so I don't melt from all the walking

    Total side eye at the Yankees shirt..... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was SO warm. And like, it's certainly never that warm in Newfoundland! My legs and thighs were basically stuck to the seats at the baseball game hahaha, so attractive. Yeah I think spring is best.

      (Spencer said if I ever wear the shirt in front of him he's gonna burn it haha)

      Delete
  2. New York is such an amazing city! How cool that you got to see 3 Broadway shows...that's always my fave!

    ReplyDelete