Sláinte!

So it's finally St. Patrick's Day. I have had some interesting experiences over the years celebrating this holiday. Some I remember more than others haha. But it has always remained on of my favourite holidays to celebrate. I don't know if it's because I am really into my Irish heritage or if just being in Newfoundland makes it that much more exciting (we like to believe we are a second Ireland).

It's amazing that this holiday also falls on a friday cause what more could you want really. Leave work, get a green beer and celebrate the luck of the Irish. To be perfectly honest, I don't really know what to do to celebrate besides drink. Is that an issue? Probably.

Things I'm happy about:

- It's Friday, so ya know, the weekend. But on fridays I get a 2 hour prep period while the kids are gone to gym. It's nice every once in a while to have silence in the classroom so I can catch up on marking and planning.

- It's sunny. Although Labrador may be cold, the sun makes up for it. I love going outside and having to put my sunnies on, even if it's only because the sun is reflecting off the snow.

- I only had a 4 day week thanks to the snow storm that decided to drop by yesterday! Can we talk about good timing? I will take any excuse to not leave the house, and your landlord not plowing all day is certainly a good one.

What has made you happy about today? How do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day? All I know is I will be drinking some green Hooegarden tonight (and probably a Guiness) and will inevitably have to get Burger King tomorrow.


Here's one St. Paddy's story. In 2012 when I was in Québec, we went to watch the Red Bull Crushed Ice before going to a party. After the event we were walking to the party and I basically slow motion fell and wrecked my knees and my hands. Because I had already been drinking I didn't think it was that bad but when we got to the party, the hostess immediately took me into her bathroom and cleaned it up for me. Since I had ripped my tights I had to take those off and god love her she shaved my legs for me. (I realize how disgusting this sounds haha) and she gave me a pair of leggings. Just note that we had only been in a class together for like a month at this point. Anyway, all bandaged I continued on with my night.

Dedication or stupidity? I'll let you be the judge. But look, I was having a great time:



Hope you all have a safe and happy weekend!!

4 comments

  1. Ha ha, drinking stories are always a bit embarrassing...but you're right, good times were being had! I finally remembered to wear green this year so I'm feeling pretty accomplished. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah I have few hilarious ones but I think you would have had to have been there :P Hope you do too!! :)

      Delete
  2. Haha I love your dedication to celebrating the holiday! We had a snow day last week here too and it reminded me how much I love 4 day weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it only comes once a year! Gotta make the most of it. As much as I hate snow, I happily accept days off because of it.

      Delete