Oh hi! - Blog Everyday in May Day 1

The first prompt for blogging everyday in May is "Introduce yourself" - I think I can manage that.

Hi, I'm Janet!


I'm 25 and I currently reside in St. John's, Newfoundland. AKA the most easterly point in North America AKA you've probably never heard of it but that's ok!

I completed an arts degree last October with a double major in French and Linguistics. Currently I am working as a translator and in E-commerce customer service and processing at a national clothing company based out of St. John's. (Eclipse stores if you're interested ;))



I actually only have a week left at this job then I'm going back to school to get my degree in Primary/Elementary Education. I am super excited to get back to the student life and learn some more.

Ok I could sit here and many paragraphs, but let's do the condensed version shall we?

Fun facts about Janet

I've done 3 studying away programs I guess you could call it. The first was one semester in Saint-Pierre, a group of islands just off the coast of Newfoundland. There is where I would say my French got really good and really made me fall in love with it again.

The second was in Quebec City for a year. While I didn't speak as much French among friends here, I met some of the most amazing people and some of my closest friends. It was also a really eye opening experience and the first time for a lot of things: living on my own, relationships, love. I don't regret anything about it. (Read all about it hurrr

The 3rd one was my semester that I spent in Lorient, France last January. I was there for 6 months and had an incredible time. I really loved planning trips, getting know the community I was win, meeting people from all over the world. It was also amazing to experience the true French culture and immerse myself in it again. Like Quebec, many life lessons were learned here. I also found myself in love with an French man. We've had some rocky patches and a breakup, but he is coming to visit me here and all I can think about is how happy I truly am with him. I don't know what the future holds for us, but that's all part of the fun right?



I am the middle child.
My sisters and I are all very different but it kind of works out better that way,
I don't know if I'll ever want to get married.
I don't know if I want to have kids.

I hate onions, peas and red meat.
I believe everyone's main food group should be pizza and subway.
I believe that travel is good for the soul.

(fish spa anyone)

I have a lot of hypochondriac tendencies.
I have had anxiety since I was little, but it started affecting me when I was 14 after losing the my grandfather. I have it under control most of the time but there are periods of intense stress when it comes back head on.

I enjoy a nice cold beer or a glass of wine.
I like painting my nails but I'm the worst at it.
I have been obsessed with Greys Anatomy but everyone on social media keeps ruining the new episodes. 
I love dresses and leggings, real pants however, I don't have time for.
A girl can always use more lipstick. 
I have the best friends in the entire world.


My main goal in life is to see as many things as I can and be happy. 

Just kidding, that wasn't very condensed. 

Tell me about you!

Found Love. Now What?







2 comments

  1. People are the absolute worst about Grey's spoilers! Even people posting "non" spoilers drop enough hints that it may as well be a spoiler. I don't know how, but I managed to get through the latest episode without it getting ruined.

    I love your thoughts on travel. I agree 100%!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous that you made it through!! Although since I'm so far behind it's not that shocking that I would find out haha.

      Delete