A Thank You Letter

So I missed yesterday, whoops. At least I made it two days in a row. I was seriously too tired/hungover to write a post even though I would love to share my bucket list. Maybe I'll swap that prompt for a different one later on.

On to today, the prompt is to write a thank you letter to anyone thanking them for anything. I love this idea as I find that as we go about our lives, we forget to take the time to thank the people that have helped us along the way. Not on purpose of course, but we are busy as a society.

I have a lot of people I want to thank, so I'm going to incorporate them into a couple of letters. Let's go!



Dear Alison,

    When we met a few years ago, I didn't realize how much an influence and impact you would have on how I saw the world. While we never became extremely close, I admired you desire to help and your passion for justice in a world that seems lost sometimes. You are so intelligent and you bring happiness to everyone around you, which I find rare to come across these days.
     Without having met you, I don't think I would have grown the way I have. I wouldn't be questioning the world around me and I would find myself blindly following others because it's easier. Because of you I have developed my critical thinking skills and to challenge what I see and read. Because of you I am sure about my beliefs and what I stand for. Because of you I am more open and less quick to judge others. These are things that I will be forever grateful for.
      I know we don't talk at all, but judging from your Facebook and other social media outlets, your life is going in a direction you're happy about that makes me extremely happy as well.

Thank you so very much,

Janet



Dear parents,

    You are truly amazing. There has never been a time in my life where you haven't been there for m. You always put your children first which I know hasn't always been a walk in the park. I can come to you for and about anything. You listen, you care and you don't try to make my decisions for me.
    You have allowed me to grow and evolve into the woman I am today, but I wouldn't be the same without you. Your support and love means more to me than you'll probably every know. I know sometimes we come off as ungrateful and dismissive, but I don't mean it. I am so luck to have you.

Janet


Found Love. Now What?








No comments