Back from the Mainland

I'm always so sad to return home after a vacation, especially one that lasted less than 72 hours. I know my only purpose for going was to see the concert, but I was rather impressed by Toronto and I would love have had the chance the stay longer.

The concert was nothing short of amazing. I only wish the seats we had were closer, but even just being there was awesome. If you think I was surrounded by thousands of tweens screaming, hoping that the boys would see them, then you'd be right. If don't think I joined them, then, well, you'd be terribly wrong. Even though I had beer in hand and leopard heels on, I was heavily involved in the fandom going on. My throat was sore the entire next day from screaming and singing.

I always have a mindset that the 'big city' will be so much more unsafe than my hometown, when really, if you just use your streetsmarts you'll be fine. I didn't find myself stressed walking around downtown at night, but I didn't venture into any dark alleyways either. My ignorance about bigger cities needs to stop; there are good people all over the world, they aren't just confined to my area code.

The shopping of course was spectacular. We didn't even go sightseeing because we decided shopping was the top priority. I know the CN Tower gives an amazing view, but I needed those 5 new dresses and lipsticks. I know I'll be back to Toronto, hopefully for longer so I can make time for touristy things. I'd almost rather though ask one of my friends to show me around so I can see what a typical day is like for someone living there. That would be a more rewarding experience in my opinion.

Anywho, that's it for me. Just a short and sweet update about my trip.

- Janet

No comments