Birchbox #1

I was so excited when Birchbox FINALLY opened for Canadians. I had used Ipsy before but had been disappointed one too many times to continue to pay for it. I was always receiving the same products and my skin can't use anything new ever so it was totally freaking out.

I was also way more drawn to BB when my friend Rebecca over at Rebecca likes nails told me they were giving away Beauty Blenders in this box. I have wanted one for so long after watching many Youtubers use them but I could never convince myself to shell out the cash. Thanks for saving my wallet Birchbox!

Anyway here's what the box looks like and what goodies were waiting inside for me:


SO cute!! 


and most importantly:



Products:

Harvey Ageless Perfume - This perfume is a really nice floral one. Which works well since spring is (or should be anyway) on the way! I like this because it's not too overpowering and it just has a nice sweet scent you can wear day to day.

Mirenesse Mattfinity Lip Rouge - This is bright red lip stain that turns matte. I often find stains really drying but never care because I love every lip product ever. I haven't tried it out yet but I'll let you know! It gets really good reviews online!

Paula's Choice Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer - This moisturizer smells really nice and it does make my skin super soft. I use it before I go to sleep because I find it quite heavy and for whatever reason I can't handle heavy moisturizers throughout the day. I haven't had any reactions yet! Let's hope I don't haha. 

Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Shampoo - Another one that smells SO good. I have yet to use it because I just recently coloured my hair so I'm just using a colour protectant. I can see anything going wrong with this Fekkai one though. It is shampoo, I don't generally find any brand makes a difference in my hair. The perks of having impossibly thin hair?

The Beauty Blender - I still haven't this but I am so pumped. I might put makeup on tonight just because I want to try it out. That's as good a reason as any right?


Have you tried any of these products? Any more subscription services I should look into? I think I mostly just like getting things in the mail, no one sends letters anymore.

Maybe I should get a penpal.





1 comment

  1. I have really wanted to do Birchbox for what feels like forever lol. It really is amazing how many great goodies they give you at such a reasonable price! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete