When your friends register you for a road race

From looking at me, you can CLEARLY tell that I am by no means a runner. My idea of working out is walking around the mall or from the car into subway.

My general attitude towards running:


My friends decided it would great if we all ran a race together so they went ahead and signed me up. Fortunately, it's only 5k. Unfortunately that is still 5k more than I have ever run and the race is in two weeks. So basically you can sum this up as I am 100% screwed.

In order to prepare myself a little for what will quite possibly be my demise, I downloaded Map my Fitness. which is an app that tracks how long you've run, how far etc.
I went for a "run" (walk/run/mostly walk) yesterday and this was the result:

Not as bad as I had anticipated. Honestly it was the calories I burned that kept me going at all which I now is the worst way to measure a workout but hey at least SOMETHING was motivating me to keep going.

And just as always, I am rewarding myself today with McDonalds for supper. I live an extremely balanced lifestyle.

Have any of you ever run a road race? Please give me some of your tips so I don't perish in a 5km race!


No comments