Get your nails done, get your hair did

So since I’ve only just started this job I don’t really have a lot of responsibility yet. I’m sure that will come in time, but for right now I have a lot of free time on my hands but I don’t want to be caught and fired for surfing the interwebz too much. And let’s be honest I do enough of that at home anyway.

I like to think I'm being super creative and innovative AND sneaky by writing this in a word document, but I’m sure I’m not the first person to come up with the idea to write a blog post in Word and then copy and paste. I would be giving myself way too much credit if that was the case.

So with all this time on my hands, why not give you the low down on what I did this weekend?

Friday

Friday night, my friend Katherine and I decided we were need of a good cry, and I mean a GOOD cry. So we went to see the Fault in Our Stars. I need to start off by saying that I read the book and not once did I shed a tear while reading it. Was it sad? Absolutely! But for whatever reason, there was nothing in it that sent messages to my brain to tell me I should find this so sad that tears should be pouring out. Well, I more than made for the lack of crying while reading the book when I saw the movie. Any time anyone had a sad look on their face, I would start to tear up.

And then there were the real ugly tears. You know, where your face turns red and you start to hyperventilate? They were happening. I don’t think I could ever be a pretty crier. It’s full on waterworks or bust for me. Which is fine, I just wish I had been smart enough to take off my makeup before the movie. But if the worst thing that happens to me is mascara running down my face then I think I’m ok.

The movie was amazing. I would really recommend it. I usually don’t enjoy Shailene Woodley (purely based off of Secret Life of the American Teenager, which I really shouldn’t fault anyone for because I mean it was just a terrible show) but she played the character so well.

After the movie I went home and went to bed. They start movies here at crazy late times like 10:30! I mean that’s a bit late to be starting a movie; some people need their beauty sleep.

Saturday

 On Saturday I headed out for a usual Saturday date with my friend Chris to subway. I wish I could lie to you and pretend that I don’t eat subway on a regular basis or that I’m not weirdly obsessed with it but that just isn’t true. You could feed me that 6-inch turkey all day every day and I would never get sick of it.

 Post lunch it was time for me to get my hair did. Needless to say my “bangs” were need of some TLC. I hadn’t gotten my hair cut for a couple of months and it was starting to knot in the back. This made brushing it through a real DREAM. I was so tempted to shave my whole head but I know would have regretted it approx. as soon as it was happening.

 After ma hurr appointment, I went back home, up to my room to my laptop; this where I’m likely to be found if I’m at home. I turned on Orange is the New Black which was supposed to be “just one episode” but turned into 3. I’m still not on the second season but I just don’t want it to be over.

After my little binge watching spree, I headed over the liquor and picked out some of Australia’s finest Riesling (re: cheapest):



 and got Wendys for supper. I have this idea in my head that anything over 10 dollars is already too much for a bottle of wine so when I’m feeling fancy I go for the Yellow Tail. This all took place at approx. 6pm. Then I had to start getting ready for my friend’s party. And for me, getting ready to go out is a PRODUCTION.

Step one: Shower (even if I’ve already showered that day, but I probably forgot to shave because come on, ain’t nobody got time for that)

Step two: Lay around in a towel for an hour thinking about what you’re going to wear.

Step three: Finally pick out an outfit, only to hate it the second you put it on and end up changing 10 times.

Step four: Give up and just wear the damn outfit you were going in the first place.

Step five: Makeup. Pretend that you know what you’re doing and try to effortlessly blend like they do in youtube videos.

Step 6: Fail miserably. Also get mascara under your eyes because you are definitely a grown woman who can put makeup on. Stick the normal colours that don’t generally cause you any problems.

Step 7: Rethink everything (outfit, makeup etc.) The decide that it’s too late now, you’re already an hour and a half late so just get your butt out the door. So yeah, I need quite a bit of time to get maself all beautimous.

I went to my friend’s house, had a few (many) drinks then went out on the town. We danced, drank some more and then 3 o’clock struck and it was food time. We managed to get a can home rather quickly as well (mostly because the guys who were getting the cab first were nice enough to let us have it).

I am the queen of taking sober looking pictures...

On Sunday I woke up in the wee hours of the morning (9am..which after getting home at 4am is really too early). Sunday afternoon I went to a bridal shower where there was free food. Need I say more? There were many MANY ham sandwiches consumed. The games were cute and everyone had a good time. After the shower my friend Rebecca (from www.rebeccalikesnail.com!) did ma nails!


I love love love them. And they are making typing this up that much more fun. Anyway, that’s about it for me! What trouble did you get into this weekend?
   photo sign2_zpsb3e6be1d.png

No comments