Janet in the kitchen

I am pretty much the furthest thing from a chef you could get. Until recently, within the past year, I was honestly living off of pizza pockets and peanut butter sandwiches while living away from home. And on subway of course.

I imagine you think this is the part where I say "well I decided to change my ways, took a cooking class and now I can chop with the best of them." - spoiler alert, that's not it. I simply decided to try and make simple, and moderately healthy dishes.

With that being said, here is what I made on this fine thursday evening:

Pesto chicken pizza on naan bread. This is honestly so easy a three year old could do it (with adult supervision of course) but it tastes effing AMAZING.


This is what you need:

- 1 chicken breast
- 1 piece of naan bread
- Pesto sauce
- Any kind of veggies or toppings you like. I just went with peppers because they are my fave. 
- Balsamic vinegar 
- Mozzarella cheese (or whatever kind you like!) 

This is what you do:

1. Cook your chicken breast, if it's not already. I just added some olive oil to a pan and threw the chicken until it wasn't pink in the middle.

2. Chop up dem veggies and toppings

3. Grate dat cheese

4. Pre-heat dat oven to 425 degrees

5. Spread pesto sauce as a base and add chicken and toppings and cheese

6. Take some balsamic vinegar and drizzle it over the top

7. Stick it in the oven (that's what she said) and let it cook for 10 minutes then take out and eat it while it's still hot and burn the roof of your mouth. Is there any other way to eat pizza?


And there you have it. The easiest, cheapest, kind of healthy-ish way to make some "gourmet" looking pizza.

And to top it off, I happened to receive a postcard from my friend Cecilia in Italy!



 I was meant to make this pizza today. 

Happy thursday! Tomorrow is friday so congrats, you made it through another week!


Over and out!

1 comment