Where did the summer go?

I can't believe this is my last day home. Tomorrow I start the trip back to the Big Land. I am kind of happy, kind of sad.

Perks:

- I get back to my own space. As much as I love my parents, being in my own apartment just me and Spencer is a lot less stressful and I can just be haha.

-  Back into a routine. I have thoroughly loved being off for 2 months but I need to get back into a routine of work/activities and feel more productive.

- I don't have to worry about seeing everyone. I love my friends, I do. But when you're back you only have so much time and I also wanted to relax so maybe I didn't see everyone as much as I should have. I was bombarded with family stuff right when I came back from vacation and had some issues with time management.

Pits:

- I have to go back to our little isolated community that costs an arm and a leg to get out of.

- I love being a teacher, but is anyone really ever THAT excited about going back to work? I doubt it.

- Back to paying for groceries. Life is hard, weh weh.


I am having a going away party tonight though and will get to see most of my friends so that should be fun! It has been an awesome summer, I'm already counting down the days to Christmas (just kidding. Maybe..).

It feels like fall is just around the corner. I know it's still August but before we know it everything will be pumpkin spice and wool sweaters. That's okay with me to be honest. I do love fall.



Happy weekend!

No comments