Getting rid of baggage (literally and figuratively).

I've never been the best at unpacking or getting rid of unnecessary baggage. While the two concepts don't  REALLY have much in common, the analogy is the same. I procrastinate doing things until eventually everything is partout in my room and my life. Betcha didn't think your clothes could double as your life issues did ya?

I have been back for almost a week and my bag is still sitting on my floor. Sure there are some things taken out of it, but for the most part it's still full. I have looked at it many times wondering when I'll ever get around to actually taking everything out and cleaning up my room (ie. life). I have this dilemma with moving things; I like when things are in a certain place and am afraid that changing it too much might disrupt the peace (or chaos that I hope will turn to peace eventually). Lost? I'm trying to say I'm terribly afraid of change and of confronting my issues.

Life is easier when you keep everything in your suitcase and don't deal the massive amounts of laundry that no doubt lie within the case. Ignoring it doesn't make it go away, but it does make it somewhat bearable. However, recently I've decided that I need to be more proactive with my life. Although there are things that will put me out of my comfort zone, I need to dive in. I know I'm going to make mistakes, who doesn't? But I shouldn't let myself miss out on opportunities because I'm afraid of messing up. What kind of life is that?

I think this post might have had a point at the beginning, but it's lost now. I was probably using it to distract myself from this:

Image


Moral of the story: stop procrastinating and take things out of your suitcase of life (ie. worries, concerns, self-doubt, judgements etc. and you'll be a much happier person!)

Ok, go unpack Janet.

1 comment

  1. I can definitely relate "chaos I hope will eventually turn to peace". Never does turn though :)

    ReplyDelete